About FOCUS Announcements Work with Us

Volunteer with Critical Edges

We look forward to having you join us!

Dear friends,

We are glad that you are interested in our magazine and considering volunteer with us. Please read on to learn more about what volunteer will look like! We truly look forward to having you.

Our aims by bringing you on board

• Provide a platform & supportive community for writers to grow, create, and express
  • Ensure quality, and regular article submissions relevant to our Focus, and categories
  • Solidify CE’s credibility and authority as a student-driven publication
  • Strengthen CE values and visions (diversity, education, and cross-cultural dialog, as well as social and ecological transformation) by engaging writers from diverse backgrounds

Ways for you to contribute

There are many roles you can play to work in our dynamic team. Next to the contributions as writers, editors and local communicators, you can also become part of different projects that might include partnership building to other organizations or magazines or communication tasks such as the creation of promotional videos or photography groups. Within all the different working groups, you will have the chance to be part of building a global community, develop the organization and create projects fitting our visions.

Our visions and missions

As a member of our team, we want you to identify with the ideas and beliefs we got aiming for an understanding and diverse global society.

• Allow Diversity to Dialogue To create a universal platform for critical thinkers and doers from diverse backgrounds to share ideas, practices and experiences, and thus enter meaningful cross-cultural dialogues.
  • Critique and Action to Re-shape Education To critically examine the educational systems and practices across the globe thereby re-imagine and recreate work towards a purposeful, global, and equitable education for the 21 century.
  • Emerging Community for A Better Future To build a vibrant global community where students worldwide connect, inspire, empower, and engage with one another on urgent local and global issues and projects to co-create a future that is good for all.

What volunteer work will look like

• Work in a dynamic, mission-driven and international team in which you can explore your development in specific areas.
  • We promote democratic structures and you have the possibility to shape the development and progress of the magazine.
  • Your edited/written articles will be published on the web page and in the yearly printed edition.
  • You have the chance to create the connection between students with the your outreach and the organization of events at your university!
  • You can connect and inspire students internationally to build a better future for education.

How we will communicate and build community

• Welcome to the team: 1-2 of our Editorial Board members will talk with you to get to know you better (if you have not contributed before).
  • Online platform: We will connect you to our Facebook and Whatsapp Group. There we will announce updates, writing topics, and you can have discussions, share works, give suggestions & comments.
  • Mentor: You will have a mentor who is your contact person. You will have regular evaluations.
  • Information management: shared Google Drive folders will also be created to hold all of your work, so that you will be able to review and work on them alongside other writers and editor

We are explicitly looking for volunteers to work on the following areas

WRITERS

• Area of work: You will identify the areas and topics you want to write about on a regular basis. Focus? or themes?
  • Workload for Focus: We expect you to write an article for each focus, may it be a collaborative piece with other writers, or an individual piece on your own in a group or an individual one.
  • Termination of collaboration: You as the writer have the right to terminate relationship with Critical Edges. Be sure to notify the Editorial Board 1 month ahead.
  • Work structures: CE has 1 designated Editorial Board member to communicate with writers in personal mentoring or in the online groups.
  • Open the link to see more information.

EDITORS

• Area of work: You will identify the areas and topics you want to edit together with the editing management on a regular basis.
  • Workload for Focus : We expect you to edit at least one article for each focus. You will stay in close contact with the writer and collaboratively work on the finishing process of the material.
  • Termination of collaboration: You as the editor have the right to terminate relationship with Critical Edges. Be sure to notify the Editorial Board 1 month ahead.
  • Work structures: CE has 1 designated Editorial Board member to communicate with editors in personal mentoring or in the online groups.

CRITICAL EDGES AMBASSADOR

• Promote the ideas, community, and production of Critical Edges with like minded students, professors, and the general public.
  • Organize local events that reflect local relevance and the vision of Critical Edges.
  • Outreach at local university to students, professors, relevant communities to increase the visibility of Critical Edges and generate interests fro writing, editing, and collaboration suitable at local contexts.
  • Form new groups with local student bodies, and other partners in their region/country in general (e.g. student newspaper relationships)
  • Provide general organizational support for Global Community Officers .

Are you still interested and want to commit to the team? Please fill out this form to tell us about you. 

0 comments on “Volunteer with Critical Edges